Last May new research found the number of U.S. babies born with signs of opiate drug withdrawal had tripled in the last decade. Researchers say they saw a surge of pregnant women using painkillers and heroin. Weaning infants from drugs can take weeks, or months, and often requires a lengthy hospital stay. Does having a baby that’s addicted to drugs make the mother a criminal? If some lawmakers in Iowa have their way – the answer could be yes.
Should Mothers Who Deliver Drug-Addicted Babies Be Charged With A Crime?
by Brian Cuban
- 8937No CommentsShould+Mothers+Who+Deliver+Drug-Addicted+Babies+Be+Charged+With+A+Crime%3F2013-02-15+13%3A56%3A40Kelly+Napierhttp%3A%2F%2Fnightcaptv.com%2F%3Fp%3D8937
You Might Also Like
Be sure you're watching Amanda Fitzpatrick on Nightcap @ 5! http://t.co/e6sgUkgsmt2 hours
- Summer Means Pool Safety May 25, 2013With the unofficial start of summer this weekend, for many that will mean time in the pool. New numbers from the Consumer Product Safety Commission indicate that young children are most susceptible to drowning accidents. The report finds on average, … […]Lorenzo
- Southlake Following All Leads In Shooting May 25, 2013Southlake’s police chief says the department is following numerous tips and leads regarding a shooting Wednesday evening in the town square. 43 year old Juan Jesus Guerrero Chapa was shot dead in a drive-by. Police believe the shooting was not … […]Lorenzo
- FEMA Offering Financial Assistance To Tornado Victims May 25, 2013FEMA announced a series of aid programs for tornado disaster victims. Residents can apply for rental assistance, grants to cover certain hope repairs and grants to pay for medical, dental, and funeral costs not covered by private insurance. Transportation costs … […]Lorenzo
- Bus Accident Sends Travelers To Hospital May 25, 201316 people were taken to the hospital after a crash in Georgia between a hotel shuttle bus and a semi-truck. The bus was headed to Atlanta’s airport when it slammed into the semi’s trailer as it was making a u-turn. … […]Lorenzo
- Obama Jets To Jersey May 25, 2013President Obama is headed to New Jersey. He’ll visit next week for updates on Jersey’s recovery after super storm Sandy. Many folks are expected to hit up the shore for this holiday weekend and lots of businesses are rebuilt and … […]Lorenzo