The Senate just voted this week with a bi-partisan majority to get rid of tax breaks for online shopping! This is called the Marketplace Fairness Act and lawmakers say it evens out the playing field for brick and mortar stores who are having trouble competing.
No More Online Tax Breaks?
by Nightcap Web Desk
- 14349No CommentsNo+More+Online+Tax+Breaks%3F2013-03-26+20%3A01%3A00Thomas+Fornofhttp%3A%2F%2Fnightcaptv.com%2F%3Fp%3D14349
- ‘Icecation’ Comes to an End for North Texas Students December 12, 2013Sorry, kids – looks like your unexpected “icecation” has come to an end. All North Texas schools are back in session on Thursday. This after a hazardous ice storm shutdown some area schools for almost a week. While it may … […]tribselenahernandez
- Kristen Stewart New Face of Chanel December 12, 2013Kristen Stewart is the new face of Chanel; the 23-year-old ‘Twilight’ star will front the ad campaign for the Metiers D’Art 2013-24 collection. Stewart is joining a list of Chanel stars including Blake Lively, Keira Knightley, and Diane Kruger.… […]tribforestlanglee
- Pope Francis: Time Magazine Person of the Year December 12, 2013Pope Francis has captivated the public with his progressive ideas — and now has officially been named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year. Pope Francis is loved by the masses for giving the Catholic Church a burst of new energy.… […]tribforestlanglee
- Texas Economy Looking Up December 12, 2013The economy is looking good for Texans. The state collected more sales tax last month than in any month its history. Comptroller Susan Combs called it a ‘moderate’ bump. According to the Dallas Morning News, Combs credited ‘sectors such as … […]tribforestlanglee
- Dallas Kwanzaafest to Focus on Healthcare December 12, 2013Healthcare will be the main focus at this year’s Kwanzaafest. Partnering with Healthfest, the festival will be held in a medically underserved area and will focus on healthcare. Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price wants to help people ‘navigate and … […]tribforestlanglee