A new study says the age-old “clean your plate” rule, where parents might pressure kids to eat every bit of a meal, can lead to overweight or obese children! The study found that applying pressure to kids’ eating habits had a negative impact on eating habits later in adulthood. Best thing you can do: eat regular family meals, have nutritious snacks at home, and try to stick to a well-balanced diet.
“Make a Happy Plate” = Bad!
by Nightcap Web Desk
- 18755No Comments%22Make+a+Happy+Plate%22+%3D+Bad%212013-04-23+20%3A47%3A59Thomas+Fornofhttp%3A%2F%2Fnightcaptv.com%2F%3Fp%3D18755
- Homeless doing a Podcast? April 19, 2014If you drive near downtown, chances are you’ve seen them. They are as much a part of a major city as traffic or pollution. Whether it’s guilt or disdain, most Americans choose to ignore this very large part of … […]tribmachernandez
- Finland to release homo-erotic postage stamps April 18, 2014Unless you’re into muscularly endowed and lusty young men in various stages of dress and undress, you may not be familiar with his work.… […]Jennifer Shrum
- West, Texas Marks One Year Anniversary of Plant Explosion April 18, 2014A year that began with an explosion in the small Texas town of West marks the one year anniversary of the explosion that killed 15 people and injured dozens of others.… […]Jennifer Shrum
- Battle Continues Between Police and Mom Who Kept Dead Son on Ice April 18, 2014The battle continues between a Frisco, Texas family and the city’s police department continues; Pallavi Dhawan wrote a six-page affidavit detailing her son’s medical history and why she kept his body covered with bags of ice in a bathtub.… […]Jennifer Shrum
- Obama & Biden Announce $600 Million in Job Grants April 18, 2014President Obama is putting BIG money behind a new job training initiative, investing $600 million in a program that aims to prepare college students for the job market.… […]Jennifer Shrum